Ship Building

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Paris, Stockholm, trip to Karlskrona: August 2010

Super stoked to have been in Paris a few days on the way to Sweden!!
Photos from Paris and Stockholm at there:

http://picasaweb.google.com/105026054672533308619/ParisAugust18thTo21st?authkey=Gv1sRgCNPbmMr02PGl-wE#

http://picasaweb.google.com/105026054672533308619/StockholmAugust21stTo23rd2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCK2EzLmClL3zbg#

Now, I've typed the story before in French with a decent amount of details so I 'google translated' it:


It was fantastic to see Paris again, take a more appreciative look because it is a city that contains real treasures. In four days I visited the Pantheon, the Invalides (Napoleon's Tomb + military museum) and the Arc de Triomphe. I walked a lot there, from Francoise's place (my aunt, in the 5th) to Notre Dame, the Jardin des Plantes, the Trocadero, the Invalides, from the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe. Superb, easy to navigate and find your way in the subway ... etc.


Saturday 21, afternoon flight to Stockholm. I was going to join a classmate, who was supposed to arrive earlier and look to find a hostel for us. Arriving at the centre of town, still no news and I dragged my luggage in search of a place to sleep! After having tried four hostels or budget hotels full, I finally found a bed and breakfast not too expensive! A good shower and direction Sturecompagniet, a big nightclub in Stockholm. Party time!! I had a chat with some Swedes but didn't stay out too long. Sunday I walked around to see the maximum. There are lots of young people around, 2-3 main shopping/pedestrian streets, there was a demonstration of some horse-riding Royal Guard (something like that), and in general is a pretty cool vibe, it seems safe, the atmosphere is almost 'family' - a good vibe without being incredibly dynamic ... that's my impression of a Sunday in Stockholm.


Oh, I forgot the classmate! It was evident in the after noon, he is an Iranian named Behrad. His problem was the loss luggage the night before! Happily it was found later! He had a group of Iranian friends in Stockholm, so we all went for some drinks! It was something quite special to hear the experience of the lives of these people in Iran, being in Stockholm! We were going to travel to Karlskrona together but because of the communication problem, he had taken a train ticket for the same night at 11pm, which is a shame because during the trip you have to change trains and it takes total 5hours. .. In short, he has not slept all night and even missed a train ... I had taken a ticket for the first train the next morning, and couldn't change it so we went separately.


On the way I almost left my laptop bag with all important papers in the 2nd train when changing to a bus! I realized just in time to run back to the train and get it!!!Once in Karlskrona I got my appartment's keys right away, sweet little place, everything I need! Behrad couch-surfed for the night because he didn't have accomodation organized. The rest of the week (week starting August 23rd) it was really busy with the university, setting up here, meet the 'class' (it is almost 70 of us) and social activities / parties!, We have a really great group of people from everywhere! 




Hehe, I had to correct google here and there but it worked out pretty good, thanks Maja for the suggestion!!


I'll make another post on how it's been here since arriving, there's a lot happening, the vibe is great and the course crystallises a lot of amorphous ideas already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment