Ship Building

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mauritius - july-aug 2010

Alright so before leaving it was really great to see everyone for a big night out, thanks a lot to those who recognise themselves. It was a joint farewell for Maurice also so that's why we moved from one pub to another at some stage.

I left Perth on July 5th with lots of shit!!: windsurfing gear (1 board, 1 mast, 1 boom, 2 sails), and a total of about 45kg of other luggage. The windsurfing gear was cheap to take on thanks to generous Air Mauritius sports equipment policies. I think I paid $65 for the rest of the excess.

Kind of weird to think OK, I just closed a chapter of my life by leaving Perth, it felt good at the same time because it was the right thing to do. Everyone there is very much in my mind, and I'm really looking forward to meet up again.
I was there for 6 weeks, fantastic to spend quality time with family and friends, had a couple of good wavesailing (windsurfing in waves) sessions, party, relax, planning the future trip etc...

I met Gabriel, my good friend Tatan's son, born in June. So cool to see the little family!! Old Lincoln buddies getting into windsurfing too, great to spend some time with you guys.
Fred Desvaux came from Reunion for his Bday, he had spent 8 months (I think) in Perth and left in april, my windsurf/kite buddy for that time.
I also really enjoyed the time spent with the Martins. I had lived with Doudou from 2005 to 2008, and we left Perth together. Hope the job-hunting is going well man.

There was also a big sailing day at Pointe d'Esny, with a 30km race in windsurfing, kitesurfing, hobbie-cat and sail-boats divisions. I placed 4th in the windsurfing race so was pretty stoked!!

I really didn't take many photos!! You know how it's like ;) If you don't then get onto it!!

Before leaving a few get-together's were in order, preparation, and BAM!: departure for Paris August 17!!

No comments:

Post a Comment